Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Mount Kinabalu Climbaton 2008

Hehehehe... I like this race. This year abiyan took part with me. Together we climb + ran up till the 7km mark. For men open category (oppss, kategori lelaki antarabangsa, apa la penganjur tu pun tak tau kategori lelaki terbuka la mangkuk!!) runner have to climb to the peak within 2 hour 30 minutes. It really tough!!.

By the way this is my second year participated in the race and struggling to reach the peak within the qualifying time but still unable to reach it. Well its ok, good experinced and i also happy to meet some of the last year participants including the filipinos team.
I arrived at KK airport on Friday noon, then straight away went to Kinabalu Daya Hotel to meet AJ, Yusran and Abiyan, before took off to Kinabalu Park via shuttle bus provided by the organiser.

This year my time was 4 hour 45 minutes 47 second ( managed to reached 7km mark and 11 km down).

me and abiyan in the bus on our way to kinabalu park

at the registration venue (Liwagu Building), mr yip, yusran, aj, me and abiyan

during race briefing at the kinabalu hall

infront of kinabalu hall

carbo loading dinner

mount kinabalu at my back

at the start line for men veteran category on saturday

start line

at men open category on sunday start line on sunday

sempat posing lagi

masa turun

yahoo dapat medal

mount kinabalu climbaton 2008 medal

Me and abiyan plan to take part again next year together with yusran. I plan to buy proper trail shoe and do alot of hill work out including running up the stairs. I hope that i can reach the summit within the qualifying time.



























No comments: